Friday, May 14, 2010

Date: 15/05/2010 - 16 days to PMP Exam

I’ve reached last lap in the process of preparing PMP exam. So much excited about it. Because it’s not a simple to appear for the exam and I don’t want to appear for exam to have certificate in my file.

Rescheduled the exam date 8th time. Surprising!!! Yes it’s true, because this is only not the objective in my life like EAMCET/IIT student. I’ve to fulfil lot of other factors, may be personal, professional or anything. At the same time I’ve to go to ground for tennis/badminton 1 hour everyday to keep myself fit. I need to spend 10hrs time in the office or travel to office. I need to sleep for 6 hrs at least to keep myself in healthy condition. Rest of the few hours I’ve to use for PMP preparation and playing with my 6months boy :-). Do you think I gave last priority for the PMP exam? Not at all, it’s my goal, but I don’t want to disturb my personal health or professional health because of the exam.

Do you think I’m wrong? No, peace of mind is very important for appearing the exam. If I’m student, probably my father would have bee taken care everything, then I should be able to finish the exam in 1 month or 2 months time. But it’s my life; I’ve to play all the roles. But academic study process is not important for the exam; you’ve to visualize certain scenarios if you are not experienced, if you are familiar with project management, you’ve to fill-in the gaps. I’ve started the PMP preparation to fill-in my gaps.

“How many times you would reschedule the exam?” A simple question from my wife. “As long as I’m not compromised with the quality of learning” my answer…

“I think you are wasting your time, you must have acquired all the necessary skills to appear for the exam now, go and try for it” another suggestion at 5:00 am in the morning. Usually this is the time I get up for the preparation.

“Yes I know, but I need to take all precautionary steps for $400 exam”. Yes one should take all necessary steps to prepare for this exam.

Probably, I can compare this situation with UK practical driving license exam. Do you know what’s important to pass the UK practical driving license exam? It’s big secret. Though you drive for 50 years in India and appear for the UK practical driving license exam directly, you’ll fail. I’m 100% sure. You may be reluctant to accept this truth. But it’s right. Because examiner tests the attitude of the driver in the view of “how you’ll care other people driving interest on the road without violating the traffic rules”. It’s quite generic, isn’t it? Yes it is. A small example, you will fail the UK practical driving license test, if you’ll not see in the rear view mirror for every 6 seconds. Can’t digest? Is it something related to your driving skill? No, not at all. It’s just how frequently you would observe traffic changes on the road. It’s something related to attitude.
Now you must have understood my situation for writing the exam. There were several attitude related gaps in my knowledge on project management, though I can deal with those situations efficiently. I just want pour cement inside the gaps. It’ll take sometime to get cured. That’s what I’m doing now.

At last I’ve rescheduled the exam on 1st June, 2010 after 200hrs preparation. 2 times revision of PMBOK and 1 time revision of RITA exam preparation guide.

WILL I PASS? I know that I’ll pass.

Am I over confident? I’m just confident on my capability. I’m just confident on what I believe?

1 comment:

  1. And you did Pass...with flying colors...
    Keep it up, buddy!

    ReplyDelete